BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 11, 2009

looking in the mirror, do you see what God sees?


i dont care if you have a "more to love" body, or a body like Twiggy's. people shouldnt judge each other on the outside appearence. thats not what God sees!! He looks straight in our hearts. We look in the mirror and say things like "eww!" or "i shouldnt have eaten that pizza." or we can just pick out which celebrities nose we'd rather, than our own. I've been there, I know what im talking about! but recently.. well, earlier this year, my youth group at church did this thing called "Rare Beauty Conference '09" it was a safe, comfortable envirnment where only girls (sorry boys) could get together and talk about the things that bothered us, and they could be about our outside appearence or whaat we see happening at our school,, people being picked on for being too thin, or too thick. this world is so messed up. and we can all help by not participating in this "fun" (and i DID put the "" bc i wonder, myself how people can be so crewl just laughing at saying mean things to HURT OTHER PEOPLE!) lately, one of my friends was talking to a guy at summer school, and he asked her if i was pregnant. when she told me that my heart shattered. BUT then i realised once again that everything i had learned at Rare Beauty had gone out the door when something bad was said. and God doesnt want us to be self-concenions!! He wants us to see ourselves and others as HIS PORTRAITS!

Psalm 139: 13-16 says "For you created my immost
being; you knit me in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; youre works
are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not
hidden from you when i
was made in that secret place. When i was woven
together in the depths of the
earth, you're eyes saw my unformed
body.

this is how God wants us to view others. but mostly this is how we should view OURSELVES!!

0 comments: